Meals for Pops while we are away

Trying to minimize his need to prepare anything.  

Mushroom Soup




Chicken veggie soup.     No picture as he ate it all within 24 hours of me making it.


Pasta with marinara  and with more of my own tomatoes in the instant pot.



Baked zucchini with fresh basil, chicken meatballs, a few slices of Italian sausage and roasted red peppers.  Topped with grated cheese.




Trying to use what I have in the house and not go shopping before we leave.      We have gone through 3.5 dozen eggs since I last purchased them.     Sometimes Gpa cooks 5 or 6 at a time.    The dog needs to have an egg too ya know.   So there will be 18 eggs left for him while we are gone.

I will also be defrosting his favorite hotdogs (Hummel big bites....a local company that my GREAT grandmother used to work for).  He ate three the day I took them out.  

Baked blueberry oatmeal.    I took out the scoop for myself. He tends to eat this Moore’s of dessert then a breakfast. I put half the amount of butter and half the amount of sugar in it but the recipe I use calls for



One would think this is enough for one person for 7 days.   He does eat large protein and veggie portions.    Not complaining, he has always been like this.     High metabolism and forgetful eating.       I will take inventory of what is left when we return.    The neighbors keep an eye on him and the Uncle will be around too.    


Comments