From the Garden

This pic looks so impressively full of good stuff I am showing it first.  


From left to right Rosemary, Patchouli (plan on trying to make something with this as I love the scent...any ideas?) and pineapple sage.     It went viral when we were away and I have plenty more to harvest.   


What’s left is 4 pears, two tomatoes, a handful of sun gold cherry tomatoes two minuscule squash and two onions.   


The squash plants are done and I pulled them out.      I will double the amount of plants I do next year.   I love squash, and never reached the point of trying to pawn off an abundance on friends.    I never got to a point of saturation.       

I am torn about what to do next year.     I love my farm and the idea of an organic market share.   I give them 500 in. January and they give me 550 to spend on anything I want (including flowers, seedlings and eggs as well as fruit and produce)

I can’t go to the market every week though as Sunday is the only day I can really go.     

And I like to garden.     But I don’t have enough time or energy to deal with the upkeep of doing it all.   I think keeping the 6 raised beds is enough (I am adding the 6th this fall). 

I could do a lesser CSA closer to home but I do like the idea of picking my own produce.    

I will have to ponder it some more.    

Comments

  1. So, all these pictures are from your garden? That is a hard decision about the CSA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, yes everything here is from my own garden.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions