Image created with AI
I was in need of a refill of my Rosacea medication. I haven't needed it, but this year caused me to have a flare up, that was very noticable. At a follow up for my surgery with my PCP, I asked her if she could refill it. She told me I had to go to my Dermatalogist. Well, personally I am overwhelmed with my Father's appointments, and a bit done with going myself. But I did try to get an appointment. They too said I needed to be seen. But they couldn't fit me in until November.
In doing some research on lower potency formulations I can get OTC, I came across an article on Amazon One Medical.
I logged into my Amazon account, and read what was required. For No exam charge (I have Prime) I was able to upload pictures of my affected areas, and give a brief medical history. I requested the generic formulation. Within 2 hours I received a response back, approving me for the script, and offering to send the script to a pharmacy of my choice locally, or have it sent to Amazon Pharmacy. I chose the later. I entered in my insurance and prescription coverage, and double checked that what Amazon was charging me was the same if I had gone locally (I logged into my health insurance account to do so) It was the same price, $101 after coverage. Okay, I need it, it will last a long time. Let's do it.
But an hour or so later I got a cancellation notice. Totally baffled I logged back into Amazon. While trying to figure out what was going on, I received a text and another email. My insurance prefers the name brand. A new script had been issued with NO COPAY!
For a situation like I have outlined, I think this was an excellent option. I personally wouldn't do it for anything that involves a physical examination or lab testing, or of course a wound or injury. But for something like this, I would definitely do it again. Here is a link if you would like to check it out for yourself.
Have you ever tried Amazon One? This is my own personal review, I was not compensated in anyway to share my experience.
Comments
Post a Comment
I look forward to your comments and contributions