Pops is Home



 Still a very long road ahead of us.  He has lost over 25 pounds.  

I learned how to connect his 24 hour antibiotic IV late Monday night. 

Today I learned how to flush his nephrostomy tube. 

I had to leave the Studio very early to wrap him up in Saran wrap (arm and waist) so he could take a quick shower for the first time in 2 weeks. 

Then I taught my sister how to do both connection maintenance and drug change over.  

I had to talk to 10 different people and schedule 4 appointments.   I did a lot of paperwork online. 

The great news is we can do it, and keep the visiting nurses to the house to twice a week.  

He ate more today than he did the last two weeks.  

He sat in the sun and neighbors visited him. 

It's a better day. 

Comments

  1. Oh, it sounds like things are going so much better. I know I missed the problem. Him being home is great news. Your learning how to manage his home medical needs is great news. I am sure that being home, eating and friends in the sunshine will improve his health and spirits. Great News!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions