It's Tomato Season Review of Cucina Pro Tomato Strainer

https://amzn.to/4cmDaed


 Bumper crop of my own tomatoes plus 25 lb boxes with our shares means I need to start processing the "matos"

In previous year hand pressing the fruit hasn't gotten rid of enough seeds for hubby's liking.  This year I decided to try a tomato strainer.  I purchased the Cucina Pro Tomato Strainer for $34.95

I didn't want to spend a lot of money at first, as space is at a premium with soon to be 5 adults in this house.  

This is one of the few items I have reviewed on Amazon.  It was unsolicited.  I was not paid to give it.  I bought the strainer with my own dollars.  If you were to purchase one through my link on this post I will get a small commission, at no cost to you.  

First time I tried this Tomato Strainer.  It fits together nicely.  I was impressed with how well it did strain the skins/seeds from the meat of the tomato.  I did run the discard through twice to get every drop of pulp.    The suction base is finicky, it took me a few tries to get it securely stuck to the counter.  It did have to be readjusted twice during the processing.  The pusher is cheaply made, and why I am giving it a 4.  It is thin platic, with a hole in the handle and it had water in it the first wash before I used it.  I used a wooden spoon.  All in all, this is an affordable first time tomato strainer for a beginning canner.


Comments