This and That week of June 16th

 Well, know why I'm still exhausted.  Went to CVS minute clinic and was impressed.  Ended up having an infection, started meds Saturday at noon.  Still feeling rundown, hopefully will start to feel it kick in by end of day today (Tuesday)

I taught Monday 1230-7 pm

Huge garlic harvest



Made meatballs both with and without gluten.  Fried on stove (did this very early) Used canned sauce in crockpot, added meatballs, left on low til dinner time.  DH cooked pasta. 

Filled a wire basket of looseleaf and red leaf lettuce.  Sorry, no pic, but picked through, washed, dried and wrapped in cloth cooling in fridge. 

Tuesday was a planned snow day if needed.  Since any missed lessons have already been given, I am staying home today.   This morning I did some pruning.  I got the rest of the garlic out of the ground.  I will be spreading them out on racks to cure.  Then I'm going to try and braid the soft necks.  I continued adding water to pots and raised beds as needed. 

Washed and hung a huge load of darks.  Washed bathroom rugs and hung those. 

Washed bathroom floor. 

Prepped cucumbers for salad and strawberries for snacking. Chopped celery and onion in anticipation of making shrimp salad and tuna pasta salad.  

Wednesday

taught 130-7

Today is 25 years with my husband (our first date) 

Picked up farm share, washed and prepped all produce (except tomatoes)     



Harvested 4.5 lbs of turnips!  Also basil and broccoli.   All broccoli was quickly dropped in boiling water and then in ice bath.  Now in freezer.  



Made shrimp salad. 

Meds were not working, per culture my Primary Physician called in a different med.  Her office staff was insisting I come in, and arguing with me that I did not have a true culture/sensitivity done.  I was looking at the results in Mychart, though they couldn't see them?  Took 4 messages and phone calls to finally get this sorted out.  I didn't feel I should have to take more time to come in when I did what they would have wanted already.  Sorry I couldn't come to her office first, but no office hours on weekends.  CVS was open.  No brainer. 

Thursday 

Odd teaching schedule today 2-4 then 530-630.   Going to try and get emissions done in between. 

Listed several things on eBay/etsy

Since I used all the celery in the shrimp salad I will prep some more celery/onion for the tuna pasta salad I will make for the weekend. 

Friday

230-7 teaching

Saturday 

730 am - 130 pm teaching

Then off to Tanglewood.  We try to go at least once a season.  Roger Daltrey.  We are also staying over night.   Tomorrow will be our 15 years married mark.  25 years together.  Our daughter insisted her parents get married.  She planned it all out (well mostly, with help from DH)


Roger Still Looks and Sounds Great, and he also has a great sense of humor too!

Well, we drove through a huge storm that ended up being tornados (we are fine) The show was amazing.  Other hiccups along the way I won't bore you with.  Came home to a dead refrigerator.  That certainly added to the excitement.  We knew it was on the way out.  The freezer side is still working, thank the Lord.   But everything on the fridge side had to be tossed.  I'm lucky I didn't get sick, I did eat some hard boiled eggs Saturday morning, and thought they were off.   More on fridge later.  

Comments

  1. A snow day in June???lol I am reading a biography of Mr. Daltrey at the moment. Would have loved to have gone to that concert!
    Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! LOL, I know it sounds funny.......I put the 'snowday' reschedules in the summer, so that I can enjoy a free day if I don't need to use it for missed lessons due to snow. It was a very good show. I was impressed with how the sound crew and Roger communicated during the performance. I appreciate a well organized performance.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions