Refrigerator Tale

 This will be our third kitchen fridge in this house (owned since 2008).  They certainly don't make them like they used to. 

We are replacing this whirlpool.  DH was never happy with it.  I started to get unhappy when water and ice system stopped working.  Then the auto defrost feature of the freezer crapped out, and we had to deal with de-icing the bottom every few days.  This past week, I thought it wasn't keeping things as cold as it used to in fridge, so turned it to a colder setting, blaming the heat wave.   It wasn't the heat wave.  It was on it's way out.  Ugh. 

We had been discussing upgrading it for a while.  Every time we were in a store that carried appliances, we looked and discussed our wants.  DH researched brands.  He narrowed it down to LG. 

I really wanted the double freezer, with a smaller 2nd freezer drawer that could be changed to fridge if wanted.  Was out of our price range.   Ok, I wanted an ice maker.  I drink iced coffee year round.  Since I get easily dehydrated and dizzy I like to have cold cold water with ice all the time available. .

Size was also an issue.  He wanted much bigger.  I knew from the size of our older homes interior doorways we weren't getting the size he wanted.  

We compromised on an LG counter-depth max with ice maker and water in door.  It did have a temperature changeable interior drawer that I could put all the deli meat/cheese as well as yogurts, hummus and guacamole cups.   Gallon of milk could be put on the door.   It's still larger than what we had. 

I think we are both happy.    Total price included tax,  delivery, take away and plumber to do hookup.  $3069.00.  The most we ever paid for a single appliance.  But cheaper hasn't worked for us.  I also had a rebate to get a second year of warranty.  








Comments