January 1-7 Spending and Activities

 They say it looks worse before it gets better.  Boy, they are not kidding.  I'm finally making a concentrated effort in consolidating, purging and reorganizing our Christmas Collection.  This is our biggest combined collection (between DH and myself)  He collects vintage and unusual Santa's, and I Nativity's/Creche displays. 

I used to have an enormous Fontanini Collection, from the City of Bethlehem, Stable, Escape to Egypt and parts of the Last Supper/Crucifiction.  I have narrowed this down through the last 5 years by selling off pieces, some local, some shipped.  I now have it pared down to the Stable, Holy Family, Kings, Animals, Shephard, One very old Kings Tent (that is to delicate to ship, and I just don't want to part with it) and the Olive Crusher/Donkey Mill.  

I was working so much downstairs that DH made me promise to slow down, and only spend 45 minutes a week at it.  I think I'll do that 2 or 3 days a week.  

Spending was mainly with Gift Cards.  New Boots with 3 student gifts to Amazon.  New Stationary/Note Cards and Christmas Cards from Target (again, gift cards)  My current Merrell Boots were over 10 years old!    I replaced them with these (they are waterproof too!)



Spending on groceries was minimal.  BJ's out of pocket was $49.29 after coupons and BJ's points.  I received:
1 lb of roasted turkey breast from deli
1 bag of tostito chips and 1 bag of ruffles
24 oz package of large mushrooms
Gallon of Tropicana OJ
2 loaves of Potato Bread
2 pack 96 oz of Apple Juice
3 lbs of Bacon
18 count Thomas' English Muffins

On other Activities I've been entered information for the year end taxes.  I already got the educators tax paperwork done, sent to them via email and submitted to the IRS.  Still have to do the local filing. 

What have you been busy doing?


Comments

  1. I have been trying to get all the Christmas down and boxed and put away. I bought a device to use the lift chair if the electricity went off. Well, Tommy bought one for each of our chairs. Nice boots.
    Practical Parsimony

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions