Pacing Myself in this Holiday Season

 


First weekend in December after a holiday performance and then a pre birthday surprise

Tree was acquired, set up, and lit on a Sunday

Morovian Star is hung in the window.  


Monday the decorations and garland and tree skirt were added. 


What DIDN'T I put out?

The Santa collection, the vintage ceramic tree collection, my 55 creche collection. 


What DID I  do?  Lots of fresh and artifical greenery, dried oranges, artificial berries.                        Stockings on the mantel.  Lots of timed lights on the mantel and on the porch.


First full week 

Staff Gifts Planned

Family Gifts Wrapped

Neighbor Gifts Planned

Holiday Get Togethers Planned.   This year, I had to make it clear that I needed a break from the constant running around and demands of the elders (I'm almost an elder too!  My DH is an elder!)

December 23 pasta dinner with Pops, Uncle, Auntie, Sister 

December 24, pick up some catering trays, visiting DH elders, and resting, observing Church Services.   Dinner will be pickings and I am NOT PERFORMING

December 25, Slow wake up, no big breakfast planned.  Taking half of catering trays to share with my DM later in the day. 

I cannot stress enough how grateful I am that I am able to cut back teaching to 5 days.  I'm sleeping more, able to move more and am not feeling so stressed.  I start my full infusions the end of January (still on half dose)  and think I will be able to handle it well.  For those who don't know I am out of remission from my Crohn's disease.  It has been a hard go.  I have noticed some improvement, but it will be a long slow ride.  


                                                                     

Comments