Medical Issues and Financial Assistance

 

I have been out of remission (Crohn's Disease) since the spring.  Inflammation (C-Reactive levels) very high, and other symptoms a lady doesn't discuss publically.  Started on steroids in hopes to help reduce inflammation.  As the symptoms progressed, it was decided I would start an infusion medication.   We are trying to prevent a blockage (which I had in 2016, and never wish to experience again)

First, I want to say always investigate help with copays.  I did get accepted into the copay/coinsurance financial program.  Thank goodness.  Even with insurance our 30% was over $2400.  For one week! We will hit our out of pocket max for the family at my second dose.  I have my financial program member ID and the claim forms to bring to second appointment.  

I have to say the only side effect was exhaustion.  C19 style fatique.  Fine one minute and couldn't keep eyes open the next.  Had to call an educator in last minute to work with ensemble this week.   Not something I normally would do, however I was concerned about getting home safely.  

I have to say I have had every one of the 'extra' symptoms except for weight loss and skin rash.   Recently had a podiatrist tell me I have significant bone loss in my feet.  Great.  


I am praying that my body will adjust to the infusion meds and I'm not so exhausted the days in between the doses.  

Good news is I did take Doctors advise, and am cutting down teaching days.  I will be only at the studio 5 days a week starting November 1st.  

Comments

  1. Linda Practical Parsimony
    Those are some pretty distressing symptoms along with the obvious ones I know. It seems five days is reasonable. How many days were you teaching each week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Linda, thank you for always leaving great comments and questions. I previously was working 6 days a week teaching approx 52 hours a week, then at home dealing with admin, billing, payroll as well as our other two online only businesses. I'm now going to be teaching 5 days for 40 hours, with another educator picking up the balance of students. I am dedicating Mondays to rest (which I admit will be hard) I also am starting to prep meals for the week when I have energy hours. If I don't do it then, I don't get it done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions