Life has been out of control





Pops aka Gpa P's best friend died unexpectedly.  Pops is taking it very hard.  This was his fishing buddy, his flying travel buddy.  The leader of the pack.  Captain Joe was my coach in my youth and gave me my first job.  Very much a part of my entire life.  His sister was my babysitter and she taught for me as an adult. 

 A combo business client and I thought a very good friend and I had a conflict, and instead of talking it out children were pulled and I was blocked.  All I did was point out something and say I was disappointed.  I'm trying to be a bit vague for their privacy.  I'm grieving that relationship. We (this family and our family) have done things for each other personally for years.  Give and Take.  Taught 3 of her 4 children for almost 8 years.  They were at our house when DH and I got home from PA after tornados tore through our property here in CT and were dealing with the mess.  I gave them my Grandmother's appliances for their rental property. Their oldest child was regularly hired to help with projects.  I just don't understand why we couldn't have a conversation (conflict was via text) I actually went through a period of depression, not eating, didn't want to teach, crying.  So sad.  I might write a snail mail letter, since I know text and email won't work.  Or I might not.  I did reach out to one of the teens on his 16th birthday and he did thank me.  I am hoping that typing this out will help me move on. 

Typical start of school year chaos at the studio.  

Finances as always, are an issue.  We aren't in poverty, I realize we are better off than some.  Trying to dig out of some debt (paying off porch and deck rebuilds, automobiles, business expenses that built up over the last two years due to income crunch).  So many of our expenses have gone up, yet I cannot go up on our prices (studio) Sales in antique business was very low over the summer.  Trying to find all sorts of ways to cut costs/expenses without adding more stress to the household.  

An emotional couple of weeks. 

Comments