Preserving as we go

 


Picking flowers every day makes me smile. 


So far this week I have frozen and canned the kernels from 30 ears.  10 ears were eaten on the cob and 10 ears were gifted.  

Coriander seeds are bagged up.    Lemon Balm has been dried and jarred and is also hanging all over the house.    Basil is on racks waiting to get in the dehydrator. 

9 pints of blueberries were frozen or dried.  The rest has been eaten fresh, or baked in goodies/oatmeal. 

Garlic is now cleaned up, and I have already frozen some chopped in olive oil.  I preserved whole peeled cloves in vinegar.   More cloves are frozen in a jar.  The rest will be used in the coming weeks for fresh cooking. 

Mounds of zucchini have been shredded, bagged and frozen. 

Not necessarily food preserving, but I did make a batch of dish washing machine detergent.  I saved a step and didn't make them into 'tablets' instead I put it in a canning jar with a label.  

Comments