Instant Pot Marmalade.....What the Flashfood Citrus was for

 This was an experiment, and why I wanted to pickup the Flashfood citrus bag for $5.  The experiment was a success.  

I cut up the oranges and limes after washing them.  Thin slices that I then chopped.  I did remove any seeds.  Put in my instant pot on high pressure with 1.5 cups of water and 5 cups of sugar.  I also added ginger and cinammon.  

Closed it up and set it for high pressure 10 minutes.  Then I let it do natural release.  Once opened I put it on saute and reduced it stirring often so it didn't stick and or burn.  I reduced it by a little more than half.  Got the temperature up to 220 degrees.  This will keep in the frig for 6 weeks, but I think it will got much sooner than that.  The smaller jar is for the Uncle, who loves marmalade.  


I would increase the amount of fruit and decrease the amount of sugar.  Also decrease the amount of cinnamon I put in.  It tastes delicious, but I would like to see the color of the fruit more.  




Comments