2nd Flash Food Purchase

 There were a few snafu's with this second purchase, however I am very pleased with how it was handled.  



2 pounds of grass fed beef (one was also grass finished)

A lemon cookie container  from the bakery (it had a smashed container)

A bag of citrus 

A bag of peppers 

I made the purchase on Monday morning, a whopping $19.77

I went in to pickup at 7 pm.    Young man was pleasant, and very helpful.  The bag of citrus was not in any of the coolers/containers.  Nor was the cookie container.   He asked me to wait, went to talk with his manager and came back with a paper bag filled with fresh limes/oranges/lemons.  I then asked about the cookies.  Please follow me to the bakery he said.  I got a brand new undamaged package.  

He did say that the system is not perfect, sometimes people get the wrong items, or sometimes items are thrown out even though they have been purchased.  

I received a bag filled with yellow/red/orange peppers.  I weighed it, was almost 8 pounds.  I had to take two halves off and put in the compost due to being soft.  All the rest were perfect.  So happy.  I used some in Tuesdays Dinner and the rest was mixed with onions and shredded cabbage and frozen for future meals.  

Flashfood is a fun way to reduce food waste and save up to 50% on groceries at stores near you. Here’s my personal Flashfood referral code: SAND4HY1K. If your first purchase is over $15, you’ll get $3 off! Use the code when you sign up or on the Rewards tab. Download the app today!

Comments

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions