Product Review, Simple Nature Green Lentil Oven Ready Lasagna Sheets Gluten Free

I purchased two boxes of this from Aldi this past January.  I think they were just over $3 each.  It's been lurking in the kitchen staring at me, and today was the day that I decided it was time to use them. They are organic with just 3 ingredients, green lentil flour, green pea flour and brown rice flour. 

Earlier this week I had made a ricotta/kale/basil bake.  I had about a third of the dish left.  I also had leftover mixed vege, leftover corn and half a jar of pasta sauce not getting used up.  I added another jar of sauce and some mozzarella and whipped up a vegetarian lasagna which I topped with the single serving of broccoli I had harvested earlier this morning. 

I followed the directions, omitting the oil spray at the bottom of the pan.  First sauce, then a layer of the lasagna sheets, leftover ricotta bake, more sheets, leftover veggies, sauce and more sheets, mozzarella and more veggies, last of the lentil sheets, sauce, mozzarella and the little bit of broccoli. 

Baked covered at 400 degrees for 50 minutes, then uncovered for 20 minutes (I actually turned off oven at 10 minutes in for this step)

The flavors blended very nicely.  The texture was still firm and layers stayed in place.  Though this item seems to be seasonal (holiday time) I will definitely look for this item again.  Was a definite winner!





Comments