Farmer Joe's Farm Share Week #3

 I received my time to customize email with anticipation.  It was full of abundance, but I wanted to make a change.  

The original 'basket' was my biweekly dozen of eggs and what is listed below

Based on your preferences and our harvest this week, the following will be added in your share this week:
2 head lettuce
2 bunch kale
1 bag flour
1 bunch swiss chard
    

                                                                                                                                                                                                    
                                                                                    
1 container arugula plant
1 each bloomsday 1/4 lb
1 bunch kale - dinosaur

Good, Great in fact.  However I am wanting something different.  The cheese is tasty, but not pasteurized (they do have pasturized, but that's not what they are offering this week)Now that I know how the system works, I am getting more adventurous AND keeping my OOP to $0 as much as I can I made some changes.  

We are getting 2 bags of flour,( I like the idea of freshly ground wheat, and am keeping these bags in the freezer).  2 bunches of swiss chard, 2 bunches of garlic scapes AND an apple crumb pie.   Pie is definitely a treat.  It's from the Drunk Alpaca.   They use local brews in their baked goods. I like that our CSA partners with other farms or local small businesses.  




Comments