A Week in the Life

 Sunday was spent at the farmers market, visiting the Uncle and helping him set up a printer, cooking and relaxing.  I made dinner, and created stock from chicken carcass.  

Monday was up at 530 am, read for a while after DH left, then into the garden.  I re-setup the garden tower (it got knocked over with the first lawn cutting of the season) in an area the mower cannot get to, but where it will still get sun.   I also added some 'sunpatiens' impatiens that thrive in sunlight to the top two layers of the strawberries.  Watered the greenhouse.  Harvested more rabe.  Breakfast (Bagel and cream cheese), cooked a pound of bulk sweet italian sausage.  Put half with the second bunch of swiss chard from our first farm share, the other with the rabe I harvested this morning.  Fed Sourdough, Placed Instacart Aldi order, Made carpet refresher (baking soda and essential oil) worked on blog, reached out to accountant, work on recital program.  Studio 2 - 8 pm. 

Tuesday was up at 530 am, read, made bed and then went into the garden.  I harvested the rest of the broccoli rabe, some broccoli and 3 more spears of asparagus.  Three meals were eaten from this.  I will be planting something else in the space that is now empty.   I am soaking some corn seeds, which I hope will help in germination.  It's a 68 days til harvest sweet variety.  I watered some of the beds.  I cleaned up the potting bench.   I started a slurry from my sourdough starter, and will add flour, salt and water tonight to create two loaves.    I worked on money issues, and worked on the recital program.  Studio to teach 230 - 730 pm.  (4 students out due to asthma attacks caused probably by the Northern Fires that are effecting our air quality here, so done at 630 pm) Mixed up a loaf of sour dough bread and left it to rise. 

Wednesday up at 6 am, read, made bed, worked on sourdough bread I had which I had mixed up last night.  Folded and then put in a 3 lb loaf pan.   Made bean and vegetable soup with stock made Sunday.  Studio Noon - 830 pm.  

Thursday up at 630 am (had to take benadryl last night as I had an allergic reaction to something.....hoping it wasn't the sunflower microgreens I ate) Got right up, pulled items that sold, packed and shipped.  Hardboiled a dozen eggs, washed and chopped two large bunches of swiss chard.  Cooked one bunch, wrapped other bunch in tea towel for use later.  Cooked mushrooms (from farm share and portebellos that were sitting in the fridge), made rice.    Bank and BJ's pickup.  Watered seed beds.  Sourdough was a fail, and I've decided to shelf this project for now. Studio 3-730 pm. 

Friday up at 6 read, made bed, cleaned kitchen, started a white 3# sandwich loaf in ABM, put out shipments, Did watering and cleanup of green house, some weeding and watering of the seed beds. Payroll, proofread recital program.  Printed out wedding music.  Studio 230 - 730.  Home, had a sandwich, harvested a ton of basil 

Saturday up at 530.  Studio 730am to 1230 pm.   Home by 1 pm.  Harvested flowers, broccoli and turnips. Rest of Saturday was lazy. 


Beautiful, a touch over a pound. 


Comments