Garden Updates Last week of April

 


I have continued to harvest Asparagus daily.  Very pleased.  Just over a pound so far.  So delicious. 

I went this past Saturday to Muddy Root Farms for their cold crop seedling sale.  I normally don't go to this sale, but my turnip seedlings aren't looking good, and I know that they always have these.  I also had received a $25 gift certificate from them for paying my chicken share in full this past January.  

For $17 oop I received 6 salad turnips, 5 feenukrek (new to me) 6 arugula, 6 Broccolini and Italian Parsley.  As an added bonus I got a big bag of organic grown mixed greens from their greenhouse. 

Broccolini plus 2 more sunflowers went into the ground when I got home. 

Pouring Rain 6 pm Saturday through early afternoon Sunday.  Sunday evening I did have two pots of my Rohrer Heirloom Tomato seeds that each had 5 seedlings in them.  Since none of my other seeds had sprouted, I wanted to save these plants.  I was able to up-pot 9 of them.  I am happy that I will have some tomato starts that I did.

Monday morning I planted everything else that I got on Saturday.   Checked the greenhouse and cold frame for need watering.  

Tuesday morning Broccoli starts and the few turnip starts that I had survive went in.    

Early Lilacs are blooming.  I brought in some to freshen the house and heart. 



Comments

  1. I was told that sunflowers could not be repotted. Obviously, that was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the sunflowers in peat pots, so technically not repotted. I up-potted tomatoes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions