This and That from March 5th through 13th

 March 5th was a tumultous day, with a teacher having quit the day before and me having to deal with the backlash of work.  Notifying families, removing access,  I made our usual Sunday big breakfast. 

 We also celebrated DH's birthday a bit early on this date.  He had requested a speciality cake from a local bakery.  A 6 inch tall layer cake raspberry chocolate with chocolate ganache.  It was well worth the money as he never asks for anything like this.  It is from a local bakery that is preorder only.  A mother and daughter team.  I am sharing their website and a photo from their website of the cake we ordered with the change to chocolate drip.  



He also wanted Chinese food, and the Uncle was here, so he treated.  So, I only needed to purchae the cake for his birthday celebration.  I thank DS for picking it up, as pickup times were during my teaching hours on Saturday.  

Monday I taught, and we had leftovers .  

Tuesday I stayed home to prepare for a trip.  Had a last minute podiatrist appointment as at my physical my Dr felt I had a shifted bone.  Shrugging, no break, I have extreme pronation on that foot, always have.  So with a new brace, I continued to pack to go.  Was to be a rescheduled teaching association conference and some auctions.  DH took the reins and said no work.  Changed plans and we ended up at my happy place. 

And no work was done (other than a teacher notifying people we were closed next week and realizing he was wrong, we were closed the rest of the current week SMH).  We slept in, we read books (after a visit to our favorite Amish bookstore) We went to a show at Sight and Sound Theater (a miracle for us to get tickets, we saw Moses)  This show was actually on our check out day, so we had lots of time to hang out before the 3 pm show.  We visited new areas.  We did so many not usual things for us. 

 We went to Wilbur Chocolate    I had received an older crock from this chocolate company in a box lot months ago.  I gave it to DH as one of his gifts, and he wanted to fill it with Wilbur Buds (their version of Kisses)  Back in the day they were a major competitor of Hershey.   Here is a picture of the crock.   We haven't been able to find any info on this particular crock.  Current store items only have the fairy on a mug.  




We arrived home very late for us (1030 pm) on Friday the 17th.  We didn't get to bed til after midnight.  We were able to do all of this as my DS is still living with us, and it gave us some breathing room.  

Though the studio didn't reopen until March 13th, I went into the studio to do a special lesson virtually, and then meet with the teacher who was no longer working with me.  I do think it was the best thing for her and her family.  We cleared the air, and hope to remain friends.  I helped her pack up her vehicle with her items.  

Then DH and I went to pick up some photos we had restored at a local photo shop.  Very well done.  Then we picked up salad stuffs.  I also baked off a Beef Pot Pie we brought back from PA. 

Sunday was me getting an order from Aldi.  Resting.  Packing up a few orders that shipped out.  DS beat me to the laundry and did it all.  This allowed me to pickup around the house, go through the freezers and pull and plan meals for the week.    Meals on this date were eat what you find.  

Back to the weekly grind today.  Blogging, GI appointment early afternoon (been in a Crohns flare for over 6 weeks, and they couldn't fit me in until now) I am starting to feel 'more normal' which is a plus, however I didn't want to cancel the appointment, as I have questions about how to handle this moving forward, usual meds and protocols no longer working for me.   I go in late to teach, 4 pm.  Done at 8 pm.  

Dinner in the crockpot.  

How was your last week?

Comments