Meals March 13-18, 2023


Fun free designables at Adobe Express no association, just wanted to share. 


 On Monday March 13th I cooked the traditional St. Paddy's day meal.  5 lb Corned beef on a bed of carrots in the crockpot on low for 10 hours, in 4 cups of water and one can of Naragasett IPA.  More carrots, a head of cabbage and potatoes in the instant pot.   This was done today as I needed to take Mom to the doctors in the morning, and I knew she would appreciate a dish.  I personally don't care for the beef, but I can say by Thursday it was all eaten.  This was the only protein I purchased this week. 

Tuesday leftovers if wanted and I made Salsa Chicken, Boneless thighs in the instant pot with two open containers of fresh salsa that needed to be used up.  Cup of water.  Used the liquid left from the thighs to add to the rice in another pot.  Cut up meat mixed in.  3 out of 4 adults ate this.  

Wednesday leftovers

Thursday I roasted the last turkey from the freezer.  I also roasted the last of the winter squash from the garden.  Small pumpkin, butternut and 6 very small pumpkins.  

Friday was vegetables, pasta with sauce if anyone wants to make it. 

Saturday Broccoli with Sweet Italian Sausage and Potatoes. 

Sunday I will make a soup with the turkey carcass, some for immediate eating and perhaps some in freezer.  




Comments