Things I did to Save Money this Week 2nd Week of January

 

My handsome Grand Kitty 

During the shutdown I had started memberships to several online shops.  Grove Collaborative, Thrive Market, Instacart. 

I found the prices at Grove and Thrive could sometimes be good, but not enough to make the combined memberships to continue to be worth it.  I canceled both memberships that were up for renewal in September.  I still can shop til that time if I find bargains.  Saved $90 by not renewing memberships. 

Instacart is definitely working well for me.  I renewed my membership by purchasing a discounted one via Costco.  Saved $20 for the year fee. 

Also using W+ now, since I was able to get a deal on the membership at half off. 

Just placed my Chicken Share order from Muddy Roots Farm.  I prepaid for 50 pounds of organically raised chicken and saved 5% by buying in bulk on price per pound.  I Paid in Full too, so I will be getting a $25 credit to their store for seedlings or produce during the year.  A $40 savings in total by purchasing in bulk and paying in full up front.  

How are you saving money this week?

Comments

  1. For the rest of January and into February ( we had adult kids home for late Christmas) I'll be low spend. Savings will be focusing on using up resources we already have, purging and possibly selling a few items, and entertainment will be materials from library or get togethers in people's homes rather than going out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions