The Men and then the Mother went Crashing Down

 Well, the last week has been a haze. 



First Pops aka Gpa P was complaining of dry heaves on Sunday, then wet heaves, then chills.  Would let my DS take his temp but no testing.  It's just a bug.  No mask, I'm in my house.  So guess what happened next.....

Monday night DH get's home from work and says my throat hurts.  He's warm.  We test.  Less than 5 minutes it show's he is positive.

DS and I mask up.  I get him settled.  He has a bell.  I regret the bell.  We do a virtual visit Tuesday morning with his GP and they call in Paxlovid

Gpa is Stubborn and plugs along on his own.  Still refuses mask, test, Dr call.  He actually did the best of all of them. 

But wait, there is more.  DH and Uncle had gone to an event together on Saturday Morning.  In the car no masks for 45 minutes each way.  With a group of people unmasked in an outdoor setting.........you guessed it. 

Tuesday late morning (hadn't even gotten around to absorbing what my house was like yet) he calls me, he's positive.   Well he was not happy.  He should have been told Gpa was sick.  Timing didn't work in his favor.  Can't share what is happening before we know.   He is on the anti viral. 

and then Saturday, DM (who doesn't live with us for other reasons) calls my DS during my recover from teaching early nap and in a groggy state I hear her say "OH NO MOM IS POSITIVE".  She has severe emphysema.   Has not been vaccinated.  Refuses treatment for the emphysema and now this.  She refuses anti viral too.  SMH.

Send Lawyer Guns and Money.  DS and I are okay.  Thank the good Lord.  

Comments

  1. That is such a tragic comedy you relate. I am so sorry for all you have going on. This is just the reason I wear a mask if anyone is in my house! And, everywhere I go. Does gpa realize what he has done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Gpa does realize he started a domino fall. No remorse however, because it's just a bug.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions