If on Medicare PPO Plans, have you checked for added benefits?




We found this out better late than never.  Gpa P (aka Pops) has Aetna Medicare Essentials Elite.  He at times doesn't like us to get too much into 'his business' but today I insisted he let me look into any added benefits he might have. 

Well, he gets $45 to spend on OTC meds and items each quarter.  We lost out on the first three quarters of the year, but we insisted that things he spends money on (or that we purchase for him) he can get shipped free to the house for no cost per quarter. 

This time we ordered baby aspirin for a total of 324 tablets (36 count bottle x 9)  Both he and DH take one a day. 

CVS Health Adult Cough and Cold Non Drowsy Tussin CF 4 ounce bottles (2)

CVS Health Witch Hazel Spray 6 ounce bottle

Purell Hand Sanitizer (2) Four ounce bottles

An added bonus he didn't know he had!   Now I will be on top of this each quarter and see what our household needs. 



Comments

  1. I can get added perks, but they all limit what doctor I can see, so I don't! Now, I suppose he might let you see what he has.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions