Working and Harvesting in the Garden

 Weeding Mulching Weeding Mulching

                                                   

Mounded up the Potato Plants.   I have them in various large pots this year.  A total of 6.  I planted 4 pounds.  Last year I did potatoes in these bags

Repotted one of the Basil Bushes

Planted Malabar Spinach in a trough style planter in the green house.  Backed by bent bamboo supports for it to climb up.  I did soak the seeds overnight to help them germinate. 

Planted Chocolate Mint in a pot and then put it in my rusted out bathtub planter.




Put the Rosemary Plant from my Farm share as well as Pineapple Sage and Chives in a bed I wasn't really using.  I think it will become my experiment bed.   The Mint, Sage and Chives came from Van Wilgen's, a local Nursery.  

I harvested Turnips (and their greens!) and Radishes.  By pulling all the turnips I now have room for more beans.  




Turnip greens washed, deslugged, wrapped in a tea towel and put in the fridge
Greens and Beans later in the week


I enjoyed the turnips for lunch


I am an Amazon affiliate, and I do share links of products I have used or are currently using.  I get a small percentage if you were to purchase an item through one of my links.  Thank you. 


Comments

  1. How do you use the chocolate mint? I've got a bunch growing leftover from last season and don't know what to do with it. THX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time I have had it in the garden (and will put in the green house over the winter) I was thinking of simple syrup to add to coffee or ice cream. Maybe for tea?

      Delete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions