3 Ingredient Banana Bread






Gpa P asked me to stop buying Bananas.  "I can only eat so much!"   Popsie, I have been wanting to try a new banana bread recipe, and you keep eating them all before they are ready for me to use.  Oh, was his reply.  LOL

3 ingredients? Absolutely.  I have an abundance of sweetened condensed milk.  I know it works well in a pumpkin bread recipe, so I did some research.  

I found this recipe

2.5 cups self rising flour  (I created my own, for every cup of flour I added 2 teaspoons of baking powder)

5 ripe bananas

1 can sweetened condensed milk. 

I also added the last of a bag of walnuts I found on the freezer door. 

Combine, put into a greased (I used spray oil) bread pan and bake at 355 (yes, that is not a typo, 355) for 45 to 50 minutes.  I checked at 50 and let it go for another 8 minutes.  


It's a winner.  

Next on the baking list is Rhubarb Muffins!

Comments

  1. That sounds delicious. All my bananas are on the green side, so this will have to wait a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had everything to make this, 5 black bananas ( I was going to freeze) no walnuts though ( next time ). So easy and delicious!! I wasn't sure my self rising flour was good, expiration date over a year, added some extra baking soda. I used 2 pans incase flour was good, which worked out well. Moist, banana testing and just sweet enough. Perfection! Thanks for this recipe.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions