Grocery Store Prices in PA purchased yesterday compared to December

Here for a few auctions, dreaming and my quarterly animal fix.   Went to a local grocery store in New Holland that we frequent. 

Prices were definitely up.  Past visits (over the last 12 years) prices were always ridiculously below what we pay in CT.  Not so much anymore.  I took a few photos of prices that surprised me.  



 This WAS the sale price

Locally produced Kauffman Apple Cider was $6 for a quart.  We will go to their farm store later in the week and I will see if it any better there.  Past purchases were the same no matter where I picked it up. 

Locally made yogurt used to be 3.99 a quart now 5.79. 

Milk was surprisingly lower than December, I found that very interesting. 

We purchased the same things that we always do, and it was almost $40 more than in December. 

I will post my findings at the bulk stores hopefully with photos later in the week. 


Comments

  1. I guess comparing before and after would give us all the realty check( bite) we're reading about. I'm just trying to focus on not wasting, making budget friendly meals, and conserving where I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrots & potatoes were both cheaper than I expected yesterday (on sale at the $$$ grocery store). I was using rewards, so ended up at the pricier store a few blocks from me, but was generally pleased by produce prices. What was nuts was the price for cereal & snacks. I always keep my eye open for a good deal on cereal for the teens, but $6+ for a box is absolutely insane. I'll keep making them muffins & bread at that price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cereal and Grains are my main bulk purchases when down here. I will post pictures and my findings later in the week.

      Delete
  3. I have been shocked by the exorbitant price of potatoes! My expensive milk has not gone up, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I posted that picture of the potatoes, I thought it was high.

      Delete
  4. We were at Kaufmann farm market in November last year and things seem to have changed. Actually the whole area was different and can't think why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, we were here twice in December (first weekend and week after Christmas) and the price increase I mentioned was from those visits. I am anxious to see what the Amish stores look like when we go later in the week for bringing back to CT

      Delete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions