April Grocery Purchases

 


You may wonder why I do most of my shopping the first week of each month.  My main income comes in then.  I pay all bills and then work on grocery deals.  I could skip on the chip, soda and ice cream, however DH likes these things, and I don't want to make him feel deprived.  I try to bake sweets, but know if I go into stores I will succumb to the temptation.  I've been getting better.  The in store visit was with Aldi.  All others were store pickup or delivery (I have membership to instacart, so deliveries are included)

The walmart gift cards are rewards redeemed from credit card purchases (Pay it off each month!) and the Aldi and Stop and Shop were purchased at a discount back in October on Raise.com.  First and only time I've been able to score one of these.  Not a huge savings, but hey....every bit counts!

March 28th, 2022 Stop and Shop 63.09-50 gift card 13.09 OOP     2 bags chips, 2 ben and jerry's, 3.5 pounds ground beef, deli turkey breast, american cheese (half pound each) 2 pounds oatmeal, can of crabmeat, 3 cases of water, 2 lbs celery. 

April 1, 2022 Shoprite 57.93 oop  Bottom Round Roast (3.47 lb) tomatoes on the vine (1.5 lb) Temptee Whipped Cream Cheese (16 oz treat for me) 2 Philly block cream cheese, 4 large red peppers, 3.86 lbs of broccoli rabe, 3 lbs onions, 3 twelve packs diet Dr. Pepper, Ketchup.  

April 1, 2022 Aldi's $53.15 - 50 gift card 3.15 OOP  Cheese Crackers, 2 carrot seed packets, Tortillas, Saltines, 3 cake mixes, 2 bags powdered sugar, 2 bags brown sugar, 2 containers of unsweetened cocoa, pint of blueberries, 2 jiffy corn muffins, 5 lbs flour, spreadable butter, 4 yogurts, marble seeded rye, 2 packages flour tortillas (going to try to make these myself next time I need them) Mayonnaise, Cinnamon Breakfast Bread (cuz I went into the store) Mixed Veggies, potatoes and great northern beans (all canned) 2.4 lbs of bananas, Asparagus (which was delicious) 1.75 lbs of zucchini and a package of mushrooms.  

April 3, 2022 BJ's wholesale 85.12 oop 40 oz ground coffee,  48 ct Jimmy Dean turkey sausage links, 3 lbs bacon, 2 lbs Sour Cream, 6 lbs tator tots (DH is obsessed with anything that can go in air fryer), 2 loaves Martins Potato Bread, 72 pk Starbucks K Cups.  

April 4, 2022 Shoprite 45.95 oop 3/4 lb broccoli, 32 oz ricotta, 1 lb mozzarella block, 3 dozen eggs, 4 lbs sweet italian sausage, Thin and Trim Spicy Italian Pepper Chicken Sausage, 2 lbs Ziti, 1/2 lb bologna, 1.75 lbs Roma Tomatoes, 2 Tropicana OJ. 

April 5, 2022 41.48 Ferraros (locally owned Meat shop)  This was actually cheaper than me buying the ingredients and doing the work myself.  Pizzagaina (Italian Easter Ham Pie) Ciabatta Rolls and Portuguese Rolls.  35.99 of this was the Ham Pie, and truly would go into Holiday Budget, but listing it here for full disclosure. 

April 6, 2022 Walmart Another Giftcardanza.  50.72 - 50.00 g.c. OOP .72 cents.  Yahooooo                        (8) 28 ounce cans of B&M Baked Beans with Bacon.  2 lbs Arborio Rice for Risotto, 2 different Spam flavors (want to try a Hawaiian recipe) 1 can Hormel Roast Beef Hash, 3 packets of Walmart Pizza Dough Mix and 20 lbs of rice, Case of 12 canned corn and case of 12 canned green beans (more stock up) 

$247.44 spent OOP.  The purchased gift cards were put in our ER gift closet, and I decided now is the time for me to utilize money spent last year.  

Any add'l funds spent will go under travel and food as we are going to auctions out of state next week.  



Comments