Pops is 77 and His Birthday Requested Meal took 4 tries to get together

 Wow, 77!   


He requested my potato salad (I make it with bacon, hardboiled eggs, onion, celery, golden potatoes and mayo) Cole Slaw (I made it with cabbage, carrots, shredded and added Marie's Cole Slaw Dressing) Hummels Hotdogs Natural Casings, Burgers, Chow Chow and Pickles.  A White Cake with my homemade Chocolate Frosting.  We have his siblings, our neighbors, his best fishing buddy coming over tomorrow (Saturday) after I am done teaching and DH has done what he needs to do. 

Walmart Pickup Order, No Hummels (I requested Natural Casings and Skinless for the Uncle)

Stop and Shop Pickup Order No Hotdogs No substitute offered. 

Ok, this was becoming a bit stressful.  I'm back up to a full teaching schedule and I don't have time to run into Ferraros or CT Natural Foods.  DH is handling his full time job and the Auction pickups for this week.  

So last night I placed an Instacart order at Big Y.  To be delivered between 8 and 10 am.  I watch the shopper get everything I ordered!  How exciting.  She's on her way.  I get notification it was delivered at 8:09 am.  (No picture) No doorbell ring. I was working in the kitchen so I would have heard it.  I check the porch, no order. 

 I click there is a problem, and say no order received and then I have to phone.  Well Pops was on a ranting rampage.  Can't believe no hotdogs at first two stores and now this?  I ask him to calm down, I'm on hold, it will get straightened out..........(though I'm worried that the last of the hummels may have been in the not received delivery) Joaquin joined the call and asked me to hold so he could get ahold of my shopper.  Well, she delivered it to my street address in a town that is not mine.  Oh no.    My app has my address correctly.  It happens.  How do we resolve this?  I could credit you.  No, I need the order.  Ok, we will get a new shopper on this.  For your patience I am also giving you a $10 credit.  Appreciated, but not necessary.  I just need those darn hotdogs! (First World problems, I know this is minor compared to what's going on elsewhere......Pops just would not understand why I didn't get them)

New shopper.  Got everything.  Brought it.  Amen.  Pops get's his requested Birthday Dinner. 

Oh, and here is a nice pic of his white cake with homemade frosting.  Time to shower and get to the studio..........I need a nap, LOL




Comments

  1. Okay, I will soon be 76, and I do not throw conniption fits. But, it is funny. And, I can see his point. That was a nice surprise on someone's doorstep. The cake looks delicious. But, even though I licked the screen, I could not taste it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions