Baking from Scratch a Special Childhood Memory

 I'm a bread baker.  I am good at making bread (for the most part).  This week, I made a cake from scratch.  An important cake.  The cake my darling MIL used to make for my DH.  She had told me years ago (she has been gone now almost 10 years) it was the recipe on the Hershey Cocoa box.  

I gathered all the ingredients.  I called my SIL (who is a great baker of all things baked) who said how did you get the recipe?  I told her and she thought about it, and said you know......that may be it.  I never asked her for the recipe. We talked about a few things and then I got started.  

It actually was very easy.  Mix all dry ingredients (I sifted them) Add liquids (I used melted butter for the fat) slowly pour in boiling water and mix thoroughly.  Hershey Perfectly Chocolate Cake

I then made frosting.  Butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, cocoa and milk.  Hershey Perfectly Chocolate Frosting

DH said it was just as he remembered.  Mission Accomplished. 


Only picture we had taken

Comments

  1. That's the chocolate cake recipe I use regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fudge from the Hershey box is delicious, too. My mother made that for us all the time with pecans on top that we picked up in the yard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions