It's Garden Planning Time!




I'm so excited!

I also do not need to purchase anything!

Between end of year purchases in 2021 and gifts, I am fully prepared. 

I have peat pots, seed starter pods, bags of seed starting mix, biodegradable seedling bags

I have all the vegetable seeds I wanted and/or need. 

   Grow Lights and Timers were purchased years ago. 

I will start the Cole Crops:
 Rabe, Broccoli, Cabbage

I also will start Malabar Spinach, Swiss Chard and Lettuces indoors.  I will also direct sow lettuce, but the other greens do better when I start them earlier. 



I Love Malabar Spinach (not really a spinach, though the leaves taste like it)
It is heat tolerant, is beautiful to look at with its red vines and dark green foliage.
I have it grow up towers and lattice. I put it in the vegetable garden in the back as well as behind the garage and in some of the front yard flower beds.  

Last will be Tomatoes.  I didn't have good luck last year with tomatoes, but will keep trying. 

Goal is to have all planned starters under grow lights in the basement by Saturday

I want to get Mint(s)  Basil and Lavender going in Kitchen under a smaller grow light.  

 

Comments

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions