February Goals Recap


Top priority was to get some money put into the savings account.  I did it!  I always have $120 automatically put into savings each month, plus my SEP Retirement account another 416.67.  DH has a 401K at work that is matched to a certain point which is a bonus.   I was able to sock away an additional $1000.00 this month, and I plan on not touching it no matter what.  DONE 

Drop off taxes.  Already have had a few back and forth emails with our accountant.  DONE and Waiting to be mailed.  

Continue to purge and do a deep clean.  This month I washed the baseboards in the living room, dining room and bathroom.  Scrubbed the entrance of the front door which is tile. DONE.  I went through the antique business "Death Pile" and culled what is not something we want in the store.  Most items were broken in some way or another.  Finished researching and photographing what we felt was worthy.  That felt good.  

I've been trying to keep up with laundry and bathroom. DID!

Took my DM to the doctors this month for an early morning appointment.  We schedule these on my teach from home virtual day so that I'm no so stressed about being in so many places. 

Still on leave from the Symphony.  Not sure if I will return. 

Had a scalp massage and hair treatment (canceled January's due to the virus that shall not be named) I try to do this once a month.  I only get my hair cut every 3 months.  That is this month too.  I have these funds in the budget.  DONE and DONE

Started keeping a notebook of holiday/gift expenditures.  I tend to buy a little bit here and there all through the year.  I want to keep better track of the spending.  So far was able to document everything I purchased after 12/25/21 for Christmas 2022

Payroll and General Ledger.  DONE

Continue to stay on top of kitchen counters, floor and sink.  DONE

Continue to eat down from the freezers.  DONE

Get back into the swing of one or two fish/seafood meals a week.  Did not meet this goal.  

Add more beans to the weekly menus. Only 2 meals used Beans as a protein source. 

Keep monthly use grocery shopping down to under $250  not quite, see Grocery Post. 

Plan on a storage pantry purchase of no more than $20.  I found a cheaper source for DH favorite way to have fried shredded potatoes (made from dehydrated potatoes)  Half the price here than at Amazon. 

Continue to take care of my health.  Have made a concentrated effort to watch what I eat, be more active and use my Scoop circular bike.  Sort of Done. 

Did you meet your personal or business goals for the month of February?


Comments