A Day in the Life, A Busy Saturday

 


Saturday's are hard. Mentally and Physically.  Lots of special needs students plus a few typical.   Lots of different issues.  I have to be ready to change direction both literally and figuratively.  I'm up at 5:45 am and out the door before 7.  Each student has their own challenges and successes.  We have had a lot of excitement planning recital pieces.  I finished teaching at 1 pm.   Though I find the day exhausting, I am most fulfilled by working with these musicians. 

Then I download recital music to pdf and sent to parents.  I created a practice routine chart for another student who needs the structure of a planned schedule for making music at home.  

Then to Big Y to get some loss leaders.  I was impressed that every register was open PLUS 10 self service registers.  People seemed happy and smiling.  I haven't been in a store much, and this was the first Saturday.  It wasn't bad at all.  

Home by 3.  Put things away, talked with DH and we had some lunch....really linner.  

Then I sleep.  Between 1 and 2 hours.  After that, talk to DD, and relax.   Saturday evening snack is something like veggies and dip, chips and salsa or peanut butter and crackers.  Now it's the weekend.  



Comments