So much for big productivity plans, I'm positive

Well that was quick wasn't it?  Though with what I do for a living it's surprising I lasted this long. 

I don't want this to become a vax no vax debate.  Just going to share my experience. 

I have had two doses of Pfizer and a Moderna Booster.   I have Crohn's Disease, so this was a no brainer decision for me. One of my co-teachers was out with a fever and sore throat on Friday.  On Saturday I couldn't keep my eyes open by the late afternoon.  Luckily was able to get tests in a drive thru for myself and DH.  Monday 630 am we got the notification.  I was positive.  Thankfully he is still not.


Except for the exhaustion and a sore throat the other symptoms have been minor.  Achy.  Headache.  Chills but no fever.  The exhaustion is unbelievable.  Take a shower, crawl in bed and sleep for an hour. 

Napping off and on, while teaching virtually.  Oh, the other teacher is positive too.  As is her son.  We currently have had 30 families have at least one positive member.  

Things I have done that make me feel accomplished:

Managed to get emails out to all families, notifying them that I and one other educator going virtual. 

Was able to get a sub for the positive educators schedule. 

Got payroll done

Got tax paperwork done

Made turkey soup

Two loads of laundry done (DH brings it up, I fold and he puts away)

Kept Gpa P aka Pops safe.

Paid all bills including supplemental auto and quarterly taxes

Things I'm not thrilled about:

DH isn't as happy with making due with ingredients when he cooks, so $19.00 was spent (combined with a giftcard balance) for another Buffalo Wilds Wing Sandwich Dinner and he ordered and paid for Chinese one night totaling $40. 

I haven't had much of an appetite, probably have had one meal a day with water and broth. 

DD in Colorado was also positive, but she has since recovered and gone back to work. 

DS and DBinL also were positive, they are both back at work. 

Bumps in the road, can't avoid them. 


Comments

  1. Make sure you get plenty of rest. Omicron is definitely spreading like wildfire everywhere, that's for sure. Hope you feel better in no time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions