Halfway through Low/No Spend Month

 

This goal was for our household, not our businesses.  


So far this month I spent $15.94 with Amazon for specialized light bulbs for our outdoor lights on our garage. 

I had a delivery from Shoprite as there were things with the Can Can sale that DH and I discussed and agreed the savings was worth the spend. 

Food was $96.08 including 3 cases of bottled water and 6 gallons of spring water

Non Food paper goods, laundry detergent and cleaning supplies $65.64

Delivery Fees, bottle deposit fees, tax and tip $30.74

I also had an Instacart delivery from Aldi.  It was ridiculous the amount of items NOT in stock.  Poor shopper was worried I was going to get upset with him.  I told him it was fine, just get what he can. 

One thing I really wanted was celery, neither store had it.  Is celery juicing a thing again?

Food at Aldi $66.91

Fees including delivery and tip $19.70

So let's discuss those delivery fees.  Yes, I think they are worth it, and this is why. 

Even if I were not in recovery healthwise, I find that I am spending LESS money as the temptation of new items or "oh we can use this" isn't there.  I am saving my time, gas and energy (I have an auto immune so I can only handle so much in a day in addition to work and care for elders)   I more than likely will continue to utilize delivery service at least once or twice a month. 

Total spend as of January 18th $295.01

Still more than I originally planned, but we restocked some always used items.  

Comments