Pears, Tomatoes and Back To School Sale

 In anticipation of Storm Henri we harvested off our pear tree.  It's the only fruit tree we have left from the tornado that went through our property in August of 2021.   I truly feel that all of the flower seeds that I spread all over our property brought new pollinators to our lone pear tree, and we were rewarded.  


We filled this basket twice.  We picked almost 50 pounds of Pears!  The most we have ever been gifted from our tree.  There is still more to be picked!



I also harvested many tomatoes.  Now that the storm has been downgraded I am hoping our fears of power outages today were for naught, and that I can get to processing these beauties for future meals. 





Basil


Finally, we are having a 

20% off sale in our shoppe
, this week only in celebration of Back To School

https://etsy.me/33yLIhk via @Etsy





Comments

  1. There was a pear tree on public property in my town before the tornado of 2011 tore up the town and the pear tree. I miss it since I usually managed to get about 120 pounds. I hate pears, but I made pear butter and other pear goodies besides giving much of the pears away. I miss that pear tree. I am quite sure pollinators for your tree were there because of the flowers you planted. Those are pretty tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions