Gardening Thoughts

 I was so excited to find a large bag of Roma II seeds several weeks ago at Agway.  I planted all 2 lbs.  Two 4' x 4' raised beds.  A fall harvest.  I have net frames I put over new seedings or seedlings.  When they were large and bushy and established (they sprouted in 1 DAY!) I removed the net.  And in the night a bunny ate all the leaves off all the plants.  DH saw her in the bed.  Oh well.  Some still have some smaller leaves, hopefully they will recover.  I put some Frosty Pea Seeds in the beds as well.  And the net frames went BACK UP. 


I have to remember next year to plant my squashes in wave plantings.  My plants are already petering out.  Of course it didn't help that one zucchini hid from me and I only saw it because the wind was really lifting up the plants leaves.  


And here is the ginormous one.  


The tomatoes are doing well.  Cukes are starting to come in.  Picked 3 so far. 
Basil is doing great.  I'm on top of picking it and removing all flower stems. 

I'm new to the Raspberry and Blackberry Game

I will have to transplant some in the fall.   I didn't know what I was getting into.    I will plant them down by the edge of the property where they can go wild.  

How is your garden growing?


Comments

  1. That is so tragic to have all the leaves gone on the Roma tomatoes. I gave up this year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions