Year of Organization Has Changed to the Year of Change 2021

 


A happy violinist receiving her new violin in her driveway

Downsizing our Music Studio business.  Literally cutting our square footage in half.  Enough space for myself and one other teacher to be there 6 days a week.  An updated space.  Though I loved our original charming old fashioned space, not all of our clients appreciated the Victorian style.  So now, hardwood, brick, more industrial.  With a few of my vintage pieces sprinkled in. 

Part of it was necessity, 2020 was rough for so many small businesses.  But that is not the only reason. 

I realized how much I like being home.  Gardening, Crafting, Sourcing for our VintageCurioShoppe (second business born during Pandemic shutdown year).  Keeping house.  No finding it so hard to help my parents and the Uncle. 

I have accomplished all the big goals with my teaching.  Fiddle Master classes, Baroque Ensemble, String and Woodwind Ensemble, and the piece de resistance, Rock N Bows.  I didn't miss the hours of work in preparation or for the final performances.  I missed the children.  The camaraderie.  But not the stress.  

So, no more big groups.  If I change my mind in the future, I can have them meet at the Church.  But I truly don't think that will happen. 

My focus will return to my dearest loves, the children.  Especially the special needs children.  They need me the most.  So do their parents. 

By cutting my expenses in half, I know I can continue to do what I love, teaching, without worrying about making money to cover so many costs.  Without leaning on DH to help me pay the expenses.  32 years, I never had to do that, until the year of Covid-19.  

I really do enjoy 'the hunt' for our vintage/antique business.  I enjoy the research.  Not so much the constant posting in our etsy and ebay stores, but not everything can be fun.   I have set an earning goal and have met it for the last 4 months.  So, as long as I continue to have fun and make a bit of money, I will continue to do it. 

A new phase of life.  Life is Change.  Change is Good.  


Comments

  1. I wonder if there are pictures of your older and newer venue. The older sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions