Rae Rae is gone

Sadly my Grandmother passed over on Monday.     The grieving process has been happening since we made the decision to put her into a wonderful facility on September 20th.     She was a great woman.    She taught me to be strong and independent.     She paved the way for woman at Southern New England Telephone (later known as SNET).  She started as an operator and became the first woman supervisor/manager within the company.

She almost made it to her 100th birthday.  As the oldest Grandchild I had the most time with her.  She was to young to be called any of the traditional names.   I could only say a part of her name, so Rae Rae she was to me.    Other grandchildren called her Grammy.    We had a strong bond.        I am saddest that she couldn’t go out on her own terms, but we couldn’t keep her safe anymore.    Here are some memories.   Her Christmas Cactus’ are now at the studio and doing well.    


After we found her hearing aides


One of her advent gifts


When she was still mobile but sleepy



Enjoying a pudding





Damn roller in her hair caused all the problems (her words)


Bree flew in from CO


Last Christmas (2018)





Sleeping more





   

Comments

  1. Sorry for your loss Sandie. Almost 100 yrs. old.....your grandmother had a long life and she sounds like someone I would have loved to have know. Cherish those memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sluggy. I do believe you and she would have gotten along splendidly.

      Delete
  2. So very sorry. So hard to lose such a meaningful part of your family. I can see she was much loved.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your grandmother. You were lucky to have here for such a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Parsimony. I was blessed to have her for so long.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions