City Seed Farmers Market August 4th

I spent $4.50 out of pocket at the SoNo Bakery tent.  I also had $10 in tokens from filling out my first (10 visits) Friends of the Market card.   Pops (aka Gpa P) has been very ill, and I'm trying to get him to eat (never thought you would see me type those words I bet) He is mainly eating carbs, but I do not care.  He has lost a lot of weight.  So, I got his favorite West Coast Sour Dough bread and DH Tomato Foccaccia.  



I also got a GREAT loaf of porridge bread from Atticus Bakery.  I tried it, it's made with spelt, oatmeal, rice and another grain that doesn't bother me (whose name I cannot remember) It was $9.00, but to eat a bread without any repercussions is FANTASTIC!


From my market share Four Root Farm








I'm back into the prepping as soon as I get home from the market routine, first time this season.  But it felt good, to get it all ready for eating/cooking.  

I also paid $2.00 for these Green Peppers





Comments

  1. Those are cheap peppers, good looking, too. I need bread that I can eat with no repercussions. My grandmother would not eat what they fed her in the nursing home. So, Mama always took her ice cream, something she never turned down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I myself cannot eat a lot of breads, but the 'porridge loaf' I can with no issues. Spelt and rice make up the bulk of the dough, with some oats. It is very moist and makes a great crispy crust.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions