December Grocery Purchases

November 26 CT Produce Mkt Deli Salad's $4.84

You may notice I do the bulk of my shopping the beginning of the month.  I get paid the first week of the month, and need to plan wisely.  I will watch for loss leaders the rest of the month.

November 27 Stop and Shop $69.70 2 loaves of levy rye, pepperoni, 18 count eggs, YQ yogurt (free), lb of hard salami and American cheese, case of water, gallon distilled water.  Reduced Meats (Carol would be proud) 1.5 lbs of beef for stir fry and 1.5 lbs of chicken breast (natures pride) 2 lbs of sausage and 1 lb of cooked shrimp.  Tomatoes, 4 lbs of onions, cukes, celery.  This was such a good trip I'm sharing photos




December 2 Farmers Market $30 on bread, stolen and English muffins.

December 2 $11.33 Ct Produce Market, assorted produce

December 2 BJ's wholesale 31.78 Smithfield Spiral cut ham and 3 lbs of bacon

December 3 Shoprite $79.37 3 cases spring water, twin pack London broil, new York strip, ground beef, 4 lbs potato, Italian sausage, tomatoes, pound of butter, 2 lbs of bacon, 5 dozen eggs (need to plan to bake) 3.36 lbs of fresh salmon.

December 4 Stop and Shop $43.56 Pittsfield Rye from Bakery (had store coupon), Levy's everything rye, 2 breakstone sour cream.  Roast beef and pepperoni from deli, mushrooms, broccoli rabe, organic celery, cukes, 3 avocados, 1 green pepper, 1 each orange, yellow and red pepper.  Organic cabbage

In reading this so far I realize I either have to stop buying bread all together or go back to baking it.  My Pops ate the entire loaf from the farmers market in one day.  Please don't bother with giving me advice, hiding, locking, doling out all been tried.  The man should weigh 500 lbs.  He is lucky he has such a healthy metabolism.  DH and I did have a taste of the stollen.  DH and I had none of the bread.

December 19 $51.49 Shoprite sausage, Rib roast, potatoes, sausage, rye bread 2 lbs of sour cream and 4 cans of crushed tomatoes.  Box of pie crusts and a case of water

December 22  $57.22 Stuffed breads and a sweet for hubby.  The breads were shared with Mother, GMother and for ourselves.  I just couldn't handle doing the baking this year.

December 24 $215.46 stock up on DH's Marcona Almonds, 4 lbs of Shrimp and another Tenderloin for New Years Day (his request), 3 lbs of pistachios and a cheese cake for our unplanned for Christmas Dinner guest.   Who the hell invites themselves to someone's house before a major holiday and then makes demands.  Or should I rephrase and say requests.

Total spent on foodstuffs was $594.75.  As freezers are full, some of these purchases were for future months and the holidays I'm okay with it.  On to 2019!




Comments

  1. I'm intrigued by guests who invite themselves over on a holiday & then have "requests". Did they just show up? Was there any planning or asking involved at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very complicated family situation. A 'friend' of the Uncles. I was made aware 3 days before the holiday. Lots of food allergies. Which we have seen her eat the foods (tomatoes, beef, pork, certain veggies) in previous visits. Changes all the time. A control issue in my opinion. I made it quite clear I was not prepared for her, and we got what I call hen-pecked and DH gave in a bit but I did not. I was very put out. DH spent more money purchasing food prepared by a caterer for her. His own money, not the household budget money.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions