September Grocery Purchases

September 4th BJ's wholesale  $66.10  Beef jerky, Jimmy Dean turkey links, 5 lbs of frozen veggie mix, French yogurt, 4 lbs of ground turkey and sirloin tips. (Still have 3 lbs of ground turkey in freezer)

September 9th Costco $215.56  (DH was on this trip, can you tell?)  I did have a $20 gift card that was received because I saved a card to file to renew my membership automatically.  This was a no brainer in my book.  Almonds, steak jerky, xl virginia peanuts, two large jars of marcona almonds, canned chicken (for future meals) 3 lbs of pistachios, baked cello cheese whisps, crackers , chicken salad, U11-15 shrimp (still in the freezer) 5.5 lbs ground beef, 2 lbs coho salmon, sirloin tips, 4 lbs BSCB.  (still have two lbs of chicken, cheese whisps, crackers, shrimp, one jar of almonds left too)

September 9th  $20.98 BJ's salsa and more beef jerky

September 11, Big Y $18.78     Case of water (my offer just .99 plus deposit), Fairlife Whole Milk, I channeled Carol over at CTONABUDGET and checked the reduced for clearance and got two packages of whole wheat pitas for .56 cents each and a loaf of ultra greens omega flax wheat bread for .87 (regular price was 5.99!), two pounds of Italian sausage, one avocado (.25 savings star rebate) and 2 lbs of carrots.  Just took the last of the bread out of the freezer on 9/26/18

September 12 $14.38 Stop and Shop two single yogurts (one free) blackberries, celery, blueberries, onion

September 15 Polmart $46.70 (specialty Polish grocer in New Britain) assorted frozen pierogi, crisp breads, Latvian bread, sweets for my Pops and Uncle from their childhood.  (All pierogi still frozen)

September 16 $66.68  CT Produce Market  Onion, Burgers, Sausage, Bread, Pepperoni.

September 20 $9.77  Rite Aid   walnuts, almonds and rice cakes to leave at studio

September 23 CT Produce $46.97   Kale, Chicken wings, store prepared (hot off the fryer) breaded chicken cutlets, two packages of sausage, dressing, lemon poppy bread.

Total for month at produce markets $72.50

Total for month is $577.44

This probably seems like a lot of money to most.   I try to buy local organic as much as possible.  I also feed 4 of my elders plus DH and myself.  As some of you have read in previous posts, Pops (aka Gpa P) sometimes forgets he has eaten and eats more.  Or that other people need to eat.  I had tried to make meals to be portion controlled, and DH told me to forget the idea.  It's too stressful for him to make sure there is always food left for me.  I do try to portion out some for myself and put my name on it.  I also box some up for taking to my Mother and my Grandmother (God bless her 98.5 year old self)

Comments

  1. No, that does not seem excessive with all the people you feed. Everyone who is elderly needs to eat well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions