Gpa P requested soup

With the use of an instant pot, I can now grant this request with very little effort.

I took two Beef soup shanks out of the freezer and popped them into my 8 qt instant pot.  Some green onions, water, black pepper and celery ends were added and put on high pressure for 50 minutes.

I strained the stock and put back into the instant pot.  Added diced kohlrabi, yellow squash, onion, oregano and tomato paste (last of a tube in the fridge) Threw in a cup of chicken broth that was also in the fridge.  Shredded the meat.  30 more minutes on high pressure and voila!   Delicious soup.

I then washed it out and made some rice in 10 minutes. 

One gadget I use on a weekly basis. 

Comments

  1. I'm loving my instant pot! I use it at least twice a week. Haven't cooked meat from frozen yet....but have had some amazing ribs in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on trying a whole frozen chicken someday!

      Delete
  2. I have read that one must use a recipe for the Instant Pot. It seems you did not. I am not sure. I learned to cook in a crock pot without recipes. Is it the same with an instant pot? When I cooked a meal in a pressure cooker, I used the time for the thing that took longest to cook. Is that the way it is with and Instant Pot?

    It all sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the same Linda . I had the darn thing for a year before I unboxed it . I was terrified . Read the manual twice. DH finally sat down with me and we watched YouTube videos . I did also read a lot cookbooks and recipes. Now I just throw stuff together

      Delete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions