New recipe Zucchini Chocolate Cake!






I had found this recipe on Pintrest .   I tried it for several different reasons.     Zucchini coming out of my ears .   DH and I craving chocolate .    Now going completely gluten free.     CRAVING CHOCOLATE .   

I  did modify it some. My almond butter had gone rancid, so I chose to use 3/4 of a cup of peanut butter instead. I also omitted the honey and instead used four Stevia in the raw packets. It was still a bit bitter, so the next time I might double the amount of Stevia and see how it tastes. I liked it the way it was but DH needed it to be sweeter.

 You will not taste or feel the zucchini. You will not believe how moist this cake is. You will not believe it it does not have flour.     I will make this cake weekly. As long as I have zucchini in the house. Each serving has only two carbs after deducting with fiber and is 107 calories.

I recommend you try it!



Comments

  1. I've also got zuke coming out my ears and this looks Keto compliant so I'll give it a try for Daughter. If I don't tell the men it's "diet" food they'll eat it too. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sluggy, I hand shredded the zucchini and I had no inkling it was there once it was all baked up. Really delicious

      Delete
  2. Looks great. With IBS and other digestive issues in our family, we can't use any form of sweetener except pure cane sugar. One family member can't have honey, which I will use in herbal tea. I also use molasses, typically in baked beans, which she doesn't eat either,and a hermit cookie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could use any form of sweetener that you like. I wanted my husband to have a chocolatey treat that was compliant with his diet choice of going Keto. I am at the point now where I just taste things because if I eat any type of food other than oatmeal, scrambled eggs or white rice in what others would consider a healthy serving I’m uncomfortable. But this definitely got the chocolate craving in check

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions