More garden harvest and tomato question

in this bowl is 20 yellow cherry tomatoes, basil, oregano, a surprise Bibb lettuce and two more zucchini.  



I have harvested almost 20 lbs of squash so far.  

The Amish paste tomatoes are starting to ripen.       There are many San Marzano on the plant, but the leaves have been yellowing.      I think it’s feeling squished by the other plants.










   Any suggestions?   Leave the tomatoes on the plants that are green but very large? Or harvest them now and try to ripen them on the windowsill?

Comments

  1. I immediately though of black bottom rot, or insufficient watering (it's been sooo hot). I looked it up, could be other reasons: https://dengarden.com/gardening/Yellow-leaves-on-tomato-plants-Get-rid-of-yellow-tomato-leaves HTH

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow leaves may be from too much rain too quick. Look up Early Blight and see if that is the problem. If it is just leave the tomatoes. They will ripen on their own. Im in Vermont and have the same issue. We had so much rain in the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really know, but my instinct would be to remove tomatoes from plants with yellowing leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I left things as is, and went out this morning to find one San Marzano ready to be harvested with another starting to turn red. It's only the San Marzano plant that is having this problem, all other plants in the same bed are just fine. So I'm going to leave things as is and chalk it up to this plant being sensitive to being to closed in and/or too much rain of late.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions