More cooking



With all the zucchini I have been harvesting I needed to start using it up.  I cooked two zucchini/onion/4 egg/Tbsp. Bisquick/grated cheese/shredded mozzarella quiches.  I also combined all but the egg/bisquick portion and froze for a future meal. 


I had purchased some blueberries at the farm market a few weeks ago.  They thankfully were still round and non mushy.  I made an interpretation of Amish Baked Oatmeal.    I created a liquid base of 1/4 cup powdered butter to 1/4 cup of water (two cups of butter is way to much in my opinion.  I also prepared some powdered milk, as we are not keeping fresh milk in the house presently.  2 eggs, 1 and a 1/3 brown sugar, a healthy portion of cinnamon.  The portions of salt/baking powder/oats remained as the recipe states.  I rinsed and sorted to get stems out of the berries and added them to the mix.  Is it breakfast time yet?  Oh heck, this can be for any time of day.  So good.  

Can you tell I'm at least interested in eating again?  Poor guys have not been happy, as I haven't been on my game in the kitchen of late.   

Comments

  1. Love Bisquick impossible pies, so forgiving and a great way to use bits of this n that up. Good for bfst/lunch/dinner, too. I also make mini ones, using a pam sprayed muffin tin tray. Very popular as a bfst side or party finger food type deal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions