This and That


Look, it's me!  Sort of, lol


Well, it has been an interesting week here in Ms. Sandie land.  I have been in a lot of pain, some days much worse than others.  Actually took yesterday (Saturday) off from work.  I also was sporting a wicked sore throat and headache when I got home Friday night, but a lot of rest seems to have knocked that out.  Wish I could say the same for the pain.  Yes, I do have a doctors appointment coming up on March 2 (physical) and I will be requesting xrays of my left shoulder/arm as well as my left hip and knee.  I suspect that an MRI might be ordered.  Happy Happy.

I do have to say, so far our new insurance has been hitting it out of the park.  Very pleased.  Even without yet meeting our deductible my expensive Crohn's med are much cheaper (with assistance from the maker) and 2 of our 4 other maintenance drugs are now FREE.

Even with the pain, life goes on.  Gpa P came home earlier than planned (we still don't know what happened with this, but he arrived back Tuesday.  DH scrambled to get to the airport to meet him.  In anticipation of this change I made beef stew (heard it was good, didn't get a taste it) and sausage and peppers (I did have a serving)  I also had frozen some jambalaya/gumbo I made while he was a way and took that out.  I also made a roasted chicken (did get some of that on top of a salad for lunch today) and made soup with the carcass (did get a taste of the stock) also didn't get any of the rib roast, but DH said it was good.  LOL   Mind you, this does amuse me most of the time, I am not starving by any means, I just need to be quicker if I want any of these special items.

So, here was this past Thursday:


Up at six showered and made got the last of the banking together for the Studio. Drank four 8 ounce glasses of water In anticipation of going for blood work.

Arrived at lab 845 and no one was there. Even with all the water they were able to get the vein immediately but blood was slow to flow. They only got one and a half tubes out of me before I completely shut down hopefully it will be enough. The tech after seeing all the test orders felt it would be just enough here’s hoping.  (It was....overall cholesterol down 50 points)

Then to the bank. No problems there.

Then I pulled into Stop & Shop parking lot. Checking their app, I have four free things as well as some really good digital coupons. So I made the decision to go in and see how good of a job I could do.

For free I got a Fage crossover lemon yogurt, aria cream cheese (anyone else get a plethora of this cream cheese for free? This is my fourth one). A Kinder-egg chocolate toy surprise (this used to be illegal in our country and my husband gets a kick out of them so I picked it up free is free right?). The fourth item I could not find anywhere so I’ll have to recheck later in the month. Rest of the food will be listed in my grocery post for the month.

I came home prepared a roast for marinating. Put a roasting chicken in the oven. Ate some breakfast and had some coffee.

Then I prepared two tossed salad’s. One finally chopped with very crispy romaine hearts. The other a little bit bigger leaves with the green leafy ends of the Romaine. That one’s mine. Well I pay for it later? perhaps.

I’ve then sliced two more onions and the rest of the assorted colored peppers and put them in a freezer bag for a later sausage and pepper meal in the month.

A few minutes of rest before a trip into the studio for the rest of the day. Taught straight through 2 - 8


So, that was a typical day. 

DH has been helping.  Carrying laundry down for me, emptying dishwasher.  Insisting I rest as much as I can without going nuts.  Hardest part is I cannot play my instruments right now.  Even piano is becoming more and more difficult.  Very frustrating.  Even typing this is hard, elbows, wrists, all finger movement hurts.  I am trying to only take Tylenol when it gets to the point of crying. 

Enough whining, here is the good stuff. 

DH is a member of the National Watch and Clock Association.   They have a reciprocal museum arrangement with many other museums.  We were able to go to the Peabody Museum at Yale for free (saving of $26).  I was able to do all the walking and stairs (thanks to resting most of Saturday)

We had a surprise snowstorm (well the weather finally predicted it, but it wasn't expected earlier in the week)  Woke up to this:









In removing the snow from the driveway, cars etc DH ripped his jacket beyond a suitable repair for still wearing to work.  So, we went shopping.  

I had $40 to TJMaxx, but no coats AT ALL. Well, not for Men.  So, we got a new desk organizer for DH's new desk coming this week, a new heavy duty glass soap dispenser for bathroom (ours was getting wishy washy), more sweet orange essential oil (I diffuse it every day in the main living area) and a 5 lb mix for sourdough/rye bread.  Paid out of pocket $7.47. 


Then to Boscov's a regional department store (east coast I think....but may be further out)  Our first time there.  Lots of coats, and he spent $51 total on a new coat that met all of his requirements as well as a new pair of sleep pants. 





Comments

  1. So glad your insurance company is decent.

    I wonder if you could make sure to set aside a serving of each dish for yourself (hide if if you have to). Surely, if you put your name on a container, no one would be thoughtless enough to eat it?

    I used to love Kinder eggs when I was growing up (they were never illegal in France). My grandmother would always bring us some when she came to visit when I was little. Actually, I find the chocolate pretty crappy, but I loved finding the little treasure in the center of it!

    Good thing you were able to find a reasonably-priced jacket for your husband! Down here they put them out in August when it's still darn hot outside and when we finally get a cold spell it's sometimes impossible to find one because by them they have the summer wear out in the stores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kinderegg was not like ones we found from Europe with the toy inside the chocolate. This package opened up with the toy on one side and vanilla cream with two chocolate dots and a spoon on the other. It’s to bad that companies have to be so afraid of litigation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions