Connecticut River Ice Jams

We were out early Sunday morning so that DH could get these shots of the mini icebergs that have clogged the Connecticut river. 

 
The man in the hat is my husband.  I was not as brave as he was and stayed on 'land'





















 
I took all the photos above on my phone.  Below are his photos from his camera when he was 'walking on water'





 
The coast guard continues to use ice breakers to help the flow of water.  You can see some video
of this on our local new channel WTNH

Comments

  1. if you are in Kent, and stop on route 7, you will be ticketed! per the news

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were actually in a park. It was crowded with lots of lookie lous. Every one was friendly and amazed at nature. In the town of Haddam.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's very impressive! Thanks for sharing, I had no idea the river got that much ice! Your husband is a daredevil, I would have never gotten on the ice either! Glad he was safe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions