What did I do today, Thursday

Some of the blog posts that I enjoy reading the most or hearing about how people spend their day.
So , I thought I would share with you  my day today.

Some background info.   I have been in extreme pain for about a week because of a Crohns Disease flare.   Those of you who don't know what it is, it   causes extreme inflammation mainly in my digestive track from my mouth to the opposite end.  It can cause swelling, bleeding and other unmentionable side effects.    Besides the bathroom issues and stomach pain, With me it causes UTI symptoms with me as well as extreme muscular and joint  pain.   In a full flare, I do not eat or drink for days.   I am in constant pain and exhausted.   Sometimes even my vision is affected.

Today was my least pain day.     Even though I always get up with DH, today as always I went back to sleep.    But I woke just 45 minutes after  he left feeling very refreshed. So I got up and immediately threw a load of darks into the washer.

 I made the bed. I replied to business emails and checked various accounts online.

I made myself a soy flour pancake. Yes just one. I drank 16 ounces of water, took my morning meds, and had a cup of coffee.   I started a new pot of cold brew.

 I hung the work shirts and other clothes that I'm not putting in the dryer. I put the rest of the clothes in the dryer and I started working in the kitchen.

I prepared and steamed a batch of Swiss chard on the stove top.    I prepped and started a batch of tomatoes in the instant pot.  

While that cooked, I weeded the front flower bed.   Was excited to see my Chinese lantern plant I had put there last fall actually DID bloom this year.    I put two succulents that had been in flower pots on the porch in the wagon planter pulled by Dominic the Donkey.   I also watered all the pots/plants that needed it.

I put a mini rose plant from a student that was feeling neglected into the ground by our mailbox.   Hopefully it will bounce back.    I also planted the last mum near the mailbox too.

Came in and turned tomatoes into creamy tomato basil soup.     I enjoyed a half of a cup.  (Yes, I do measure all my food). Loaded and started dishwasher.

I folded and put away the laundry.    It is now 1030 am and I am enjoying my second cup of coffee as I write my morning so far.    Rachel Ray is on the tv.

I collected the trash and recycling as it is picked up on Friday morning.      I wrote checks.    Prepared some banking.    Put soup and chard in fridge.  Had lunch.   Prepared and labeled my lunch for Friday.   I have to do this as Gpa P eats everything.    Labels don't always work.   LOL

Left house at 1245.   Stopped at bank.    Gassed up "the bomb".  Arrived at studio and tidied up from ensemble rehearsal last night.    Started teaching at 2 pm - 830 pm.    Break today 3-330 when I spoke with DH.

Spoke with a students Mom from 835-845.    Arrived home a bit after 9.   Kissed DH.   Had a half cup more of the tomato soup I had made.    Read a few blogs.   Talked with DH.  Watched the last few minutes of Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam with  DH . We were in bed by 1030.

How did you spend your Thursday?

Comments

  1. Hmm. . trying to remember.
    work up just after 4, out of bed by 4:20.
    Made Ds's bfst and lunch, got my coffee pot on.
    Collected the colored laundry from the hamper in the hall, and the clothes sorter and moved it to the washer, still not enough to run a load
    Put away the dishes in the dish rack, emptied the dishwasher. Loaded the bfst dishes into the dishwasher.
    Kept Ds schedule, with repeated reminders until his transportation arrived (he takes ADA para transit)while eating my high protein oat based granola.
    Showered and got ready for the day, made my bed (I like to air it out before making it), and ended up making Ds's as well. Grr
    Sorted out ingredients that would be needed to make pizza for supper, grabbed Ital sausage out of the freezer, some pantry ingredients from down cellar.
    Read the paper, read emails, blog posts.
    Had my morning herbal tea, restocked my tea jars on the counter with "Fall themed" flavors.
    Organized some paperwork on my desk, moving some to the dining room table to sort.
    Had leftovers for lunch.
    Worked on the day's project: sorting through the last 2 boxes of "school supplies/office supplies" that are on college boy's bed. Tossed and recycled some stuff, organized some on an ancient, rolling cart that will be stored in DS's closet. Set aside some items that I don't think we'll use (awaiting the thumbs up from the 2 kiddos) and reached out on a local FB site as well as a city site to get leads on where to donate. I may* try to sell the brand new stuff.
    Mid afternoon cup of tea, got the mail.
    Started dinner prep.
    Made pizza dough in the ABM.
    Got the call from Ds to come and pick him up as he stayed for his club after school. One perk is that he can take the shuttle bus from the main campus to the campus 5 minutes from our home and I can scoop him up there. No costs are associated with the shuttle, so this saves him money (he pays for his own transportation)
    Once home, I finished dinner prep, including DD's gluten free pizza, but didn't cook her's as she was working late and stopping at the bank before coming home. Once home, she popped it into the toaster convection oven. Supper and cleaned the kitchen up. Watched TV with the kids, washed up, changed and lights out by 10:15-which is late for me. I watched the Gray's Anatomy extended first show of the season, I normally go to bed for 9.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved reading about your day Carol. Thank you for sharing.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this Sandie. I'm so sorry you are in such pain and amazed by how much you do while in pain. I guess maybe it helps by distracting you from it a little? You really didn't eat much at all, though. Can you take any kind of nutritional drinks such as Ensure to make sure your body is getting the nutrients that it needs, or are those counter-indicated for your condition? (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nathalie, for reading. I actually was in minimal pain yesterday and today. I do get muscle cramps, but not to bad. I do eat , don't worry. I just keep track of everything in case I start losing to much. I can afford to lose some. LOL. I try to eat no more than 1500-1700 calories a day when I get back to normal.

      Delete
    2. As for the ensure or other nutritional drinks question, They do me more harm than good and the last time I was hospitalized they advised against them

      Delete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions