Cooking


This photo shows the beginning of the best butternut squash soup I have ever made.    I roasted two large butternut squash overnight in the crockpot scooping out the flesh,  adding onions, celery and just a third of a box of chicken stock. Quarter of a stick of butter and a capful of cinnamon. Delicious. I think using less liquid helped intensify the flavor.

Below is another meal, turkey chili. I used 12 ounces of ground turkey breast, as well as a 12 ounce frozen rolll of Shadybrook Farms Turkey sausage that I got over the holidays for a very good price from Walmart. The spicing was very mild so it really didn't affect the taste of the chili. 


I added some peppers that I got on the clearance rack at the local Produce Market over 2 pounds for just $.99.  B The last of a jar of chili, onion, one can of diced tomatoes. Homemade taco seasoning. Delicious.  



We also had shrimp, and sirloin tips which lasted for dinner and three lunches during the week.

Comments