What's been cooking?

We have made some changes here.   I am only eating two meals a day, and only a yogurt late at night when I get home.  I have been having horrible stomach pains in the middle of the night, and changing my eating routine has definitely been a part of them disappearing.

I make sure there is always something cooking (I'm more the Fall Winter cook, while DH is the Spring Summer cook)

This week I made my ground chicken breast eggplant tandori spiced concoction.  Very good.  I ate it three times, Pops finished it yesterday.

I made the squash soup as mentioned in a previous post.

DH roasted a chicken, and I used the carcass to make a beautiful stock in a 24 hour period using a crockpot (of course!)  this past Sunday Pops and the Uncle (who was visiting....no one panic) will have chicken vegetable soup.  Vegetables were kale, carrots, onions, celery.




Swiss chard and chicken sausage.

Panko chicken breasts with green and yellow squash.   

Chili.  



Breakfasts for me have been egg whites except for one day where I got a power sandwich from Panera.  My egg whites get a tablespoon of Hormel Real Bacon Crumbles and a 1/4 cup of Sargento shredded mexican cheese.   Yes I measure it out.  As Ct Bargain Mom once said I have been feeling fluffy, and I needed to get things back under control.

DH has the lunches I make for him.  More of a snack box.  Carrots/Celery, dressing, yogurt, hard cheese, sausages, peanut butter, nuts, crackers, salsa and chips.  I try to make it healthier choices that are still 'fun'.  He's a big kid.

Comments